CULTURE MINISTER INVITES MANITOBANS AND VISITORS TO ENJOY PROVINCE'S WINTER FESTIVALS
“Events such as the Grand Marais Family Festival attract visitors to the region, supporting local businesses and strengthening the local economy,” said Marcelino. “Manitobans are encouraged to step outside, bundle up, enjoy our winter and partake in the winter festival experience.”
Some of the many winter festival across Manitoba include:
- the Festival du Voyageur in Winnipeg,
- Carman Blizzard Festival,
- Beaver Days Winter Festival in Falcon Lake,
- Canadian Power Toboggan Championships in Beausejour,
- Lundar Winter Carnival,
- Festival Manipogo in St. Laurent,
- Northern Manitoba Trapper’s Festival in The Pas,
- Brochet Caribou Festival,
- Cormorant Aboriginal Days,
- Churchill Aurora Winterfest, and
- the Lieutenant-governor’s Winter Festival in Brandon.
A current listing of provincial festivals is available at www.travelmanitoba.com/TopFestivalsEvents/.