Followers

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Heads UP

Yesterday morning I was awoken out of that last sweet half hour of sleep before you know you have to get up by this phone call. I don't why I picked up the call but I did only to hear this indecipherable Indian-accent voice telling me that there is something dreadfully wrong with my computer. I tried to tell the person that I did not have a computer but he insisted I had a laptop so I fessed up. I told him nothing is wrong with my computer. He said yes, I told him I was going to pay for it to be fixed, that I did not need his help. He said he was going to do it for free.
I said mister, look here, you woke me out of my sleep for this? What is so important . My computer is more than 5 years old and has no warranty. I knew this was a SCAM.
Someone wanted me to allow them to get into my computer to clean out all of my personal information  and then send me a bill for which I could not pay.  These SCAMMERS would stop at nothing.
IF YOU GET A CALL ABOUT YOUR COMPUTER, DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE ACCESS. IF SOMETHING IS WRONG - TAKE IT IN TO A LOCAL DEALER OR YOU WILL BE
VERY SORRY.

One has to be very vigilant. If you can't see someone at the other end of the line, you did not phone anyone about a problem, be wary -  do not give out your information to anyone. Do not give access for anyone to get into your hard drive. 

No comments: