Followers

Saturday, September 01, 2012

Down at the Forks

If you did not check out the Forks yesterday for the Barge Festival you've missed a lot. It was beautiful. The weather was perfect and the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra sounded glorious.  The dock area were packed to capacity.  I an sure there were more than 5000 people milling around the area. In the middle of the event the Paddle Wheel Queen sailed by honking its horn - reminscent of the way in which the early settlers travelled.
I believe this is the third annual barge festival but it's the first time I attended and I am glad my friend insisted that we go.
There are events this entire weekend.  You still  have time to enjoy the celebrations. I was remarking that I loved Celtic music and an attendee told me to be sure to attend the Sunday after noon event when the Selkirk Settlers  - apparently the best Celtic choir - will sing their hearts out by the docks. Check it out. I will. Watch for me.

No comments: