Followers

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Downtown Buzz

What's going on at the ACCU today? Every time I went it there the line up was a mile long, so I have to wait until Tomorrow. Yeah, I am one of those people who can never find my bank card when I need one, so I end up in the like and that's not good when you have only one hour lunch period. Today I had two hours but the time went pretty quickly with all the errands I had to run. I just couldn't stand in line.

There are lots of parking available downtown since Govt announced it is weaning civil servants from practically free parking. Don't know how long this will last as some of us are addicted to driving no matter what.

It did not take very long for the parking companies to jack their prices up so every one's scrambling. I imagine they are weighing their options to pay big bucks for parking, ride a bicycle or take the bus. I believe more people should take alternative transportation - like walking or riding or even taking the bus. It is good for the environment and good for our health.

Believe me when I tell you we are getting fatter on unhealthy foods in the city. I walk around a lot and every two person I see is over weight, every 5 person is obese. So do yourself a favour let's get off our fat behinds and start walking. I do not recommend going to gym and paying money to do something you can do for free. Exercise with a purpose - walk or ride to work.

No comments: