Followers

Friday, July 10, 2009

Pet Peeve re Cyclists

I walk a lot and I get frustrated by cyclists who sneak up behind you on the side walk trying to get back.

I think the Winnipeg Police need to implement a new policy with regards to cyclists using the side walk with pedestrians (I have no problem with that). However a more effective situation needs to be developed for everyone's enjoyment and peace of mind.
Two policies need to be implemented as soon as possible

1) All bicycles must have a bell which must be used to announce cyclists on the sidewalks

2) Cyclists must follow the rules of the road even on the sidewalks. They should ride in the direction facing the pedestrian not in the same direction as if they are walking. I think this will solve a lot of the problems with cyclists and pedestrians. One can get seriously hurt by a cyclist.

I hope the City of WInnipeg and the Winnipeg Police take action.

No comments: