Followers

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Squirrels are creating havoc in Winnipeg

I've heard many people complaining about squirrels destroying their stuff lately. ON Sunday while driving in my car and listening to CBC I heard a reporter asking for tips on how to keep squirrels away from her yard. The squirrels apparently have been chewing away at her gazebo and she had to repair it several times. I heard that the grey squirrels are a lot smarter than the red squirrels when it comes to avoiding traps and poisons but that the red squirrels which are more benign, help to keep the grey squirrels at bay.

I heard another funny story about squirrels from a friend the other day. A Winnipeg woman said that squirrels went under her car four times over a short period and ate away at the wires under her car which caused the car to not start. She had to report the matter to autopac and pay the deductible for four such incidents. The last time they strapped some sort of protection over the wires and placed some poison around the area, huh, I don't think the squirrels will go for the poison. Winnipeg squirrels are smart. Imagine that. I have never heard of such a thing - have you? What does her wires have that others do not? Is it laced with squirrel candy or something?

No comments: