POSITION TITLE: Orientation Facilitator (0.28 EFT)
REPORTS TO: Manager- ENTRY PROGRAM FOR OLDER ADULT IMMIGRANTS
UNION AFFILIATION: CUPE Local 2348
SALARY: $15.72 – 17.45 per hour
The Orientation Facilitator will work under the supervision of the Manager of the Entry Program for Older Adult Immigrants’ in cooperation with the EAL* Specialist. The Facilitator is responsible for facilitating Entry sessions as required.
- Participate in training sessions offered by the EAL* specialist prior to facilitating sessions
- Prior to sessions, obtain materials and handouts as prepared by the EAL* specialist.
- Facilitate the Entry sessions using resource kits developed by the Manager and EAL* Specialist for a ten week period offered twice a week
4. Report progress of sessions on a regular basis to the specialist
5. Attend various meetings at the request of the Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Graduation from high school OR Certificate in Aging OR related education
- Experience with group facilitation for older adults
- Familiarity with the topics of interest and importance to older adult immigrants
- Experience working in a cross cultural / EAL* setting is an asset
This is a 0.28 Term Position: 10 hours per week over 10 weeks inclusive of training and evaluation sessions
Please submit resume to:
Manager, Entry Program for Older Adult Immigrants
A & O: Support Services for Older Adults
200-280 Smith Street
Winnipeg, MB R3C 1K2
Closing Date: Monday, July 29, 2013 – 4:30 p.m.
*EAL: English as an Additional Language