Followers

Monday, October 26, 2009







Manitobans are lining up for their shots
HINI Flu - Big Decision to be made by each individual






I am wavering whether to take the flu shot or not. My co-worker advises that I should because my job exposes me to the public. I am never in favour of taking something that is not absolutely necessary and I have an innate belief that the body should be allowed to fight off a virus as much as possible so that it can develop its own immunity to the bugger for later on.

This could be foolhardy. The fact is that I am not within the high risk category. I am not very old or young but sitting comfortably in the middle somewhere. I have a few weeks to think deeply about it.

Those people who have compromised immunity I would strongly encourage to take it because your body just do not have the same capacity as the rest of us. Those within the risk category should take it, I think. It is the prudent thing to do.
I have to say this - the media and pharmaceutical companies got us over a barrel with all kinds of fears about the disease. I am always skeptical when this happens because someone benefits - in this case, the pharmaceutical industry and big business. Do you know how much money will be going into the coffers of pharmaceutical companies having people all over the world taking their vaccines for fear of contracting it and dying. I think the public never really knows how bad it is - if one or two person dies - good Lord a pandemic is upon us and everyone goes helter skelter. What can I say I am a born skeptic. I hope you have an easier time making a decision. According to reports, many Manitobans have no second thoughts about it they just do what their doctors tell them to do like obedient children.

No comments: