Followers

Friday, May 09, 2008

The Fyxx Coffee Shop on Broadway
I was there today for a sandwich. There was only one worker and he was handling cash and making food at the same time. Whenever I see that nine out of ten times the worker goes from money to your food without washing their hands. I had to stop the young man and tell him to please wash his hand before handling my food. I felt bad because I know it is partly not his fault. It is the employer who expect these young kids to do so much. They try to cut corners.

I think we all should be vigilant in ensuring that our food is not contaminated by cooks and servers. I know it is hard to be washing your hands all the time. The employer can provide the staff with adequate resources to deal with these situations.
The bottom line is there should always be two staff members in these restaurants like Fyxx, one to handle the food and one to handle coffee and money and to serve stuff where one does not have to use their naked hands.

No comments: