Followers

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Winter's Humour

Winter, winter, winter. Some people love to hate it. Many of us use it to break the ice in conversation and sometimes in the process it cracks our frozen lips.
Old man winter I wonder why they call winter old man. Only man doesn't have the bite and sting of winter. This is a young man with all his ozones in tact. When he gets you boy, he gets you good.

This young man's kisses burn you and make you weep. Even grown men's eyes water to his stinging touch. Young man winter must be one of those newer varieties of sex because he does not discriminate. He makes a play for anyone who is foolish enough not to keep themselves covered properly.

A few days ago it was 45 to 50 degrees below and I had to walk 15 minutes in the cold facing the wind. It was bitterly cold with the wind in my face but I loved it, I relished in it and loved the feel of the skin as it got so cold that I began to feel a sensation like needles sticking me in the face. I saw wow; I am getting a free acupuncture. I reduced my pace so that I can enjoy it even more.
Growing up in the tropics all we had was boring rain and sun, mud and water, mosquitoes and flies and creepy crawlies all year round. That drove me to pieces. There was no relief until I came to North America and now the season changes and as soon as you begin to get tired of one season the next season slip away except young man winter always tries to get a little more overstaying his welcome
Yeah winter is great. It gives you that fresh, crisp feeling of a frozen lettuce and somehow people look younger in the winter then when summer comes and you thaw all the wrinkles appear like magic. This is another great reason to like winter. It keeps you younger looking. But when you get into the homes with all their artificial heats your can turn on you again. It can take on the appearance of a reptile with huge scales. That can be quite a scary picture. I am sure you've seen it and you know what I mean. We all have seen this animal and it's not nice. We wonder where did it come from, where did my fresh young skin disappear to. Oh the joys of winter.

No comments: