Followers

Saturday, February 09, 2008


CAFE TALK ROUND UP

It's Saturday morning. I look outside my window, My car is totally covered in white. I return to bed. Should I cancel my appointed. I lost that thingy you use to brush snow off the car. It fell off my car one day in the middle of traffic. I had forgetton it on the roof of the car. When it fell there were cars coming from every direction so I had to drive away and leave my expensive $9.00 brush. What am I going to do today to get the snow off?

The few weeks since I lost it I would brush off the drizzle of snow with my mitt cover. This is too much snow to brush off. After all we had a blizzard last night and it is now minus 24C. What am I going to do? I decide I have to get up and write this post and then I have to haul myself up and get going. Perhaps leave as is and hitch a ride on the bus and buy another brush. I have several appointments.

By the way there are lots of stuff happening in good old Winnipeg this weekend. The cafe talk topics are about Black History Month and all the activities going on. There is a play at St. Boniface Cathedral today at 2:30 Deep Fried Curried Perogy, produced by a Filipina woman - married to a man of mixed background who have a child who is United Nations. What a wonderful thing. This is what you call diversity. I am looking forward to seeing this show.

Another big thing happening this weekend is CKUW.FM ch 713 community radio is having a fund raising drive. This station needs community support to improve. This has been going on all week. Each year they have this fundraising drive where people call in to the station and make a pledge. Hey, you gotta a minute and a dime? Then call in a make a pledge. It's a great community resource that needs your support. Call 774 6877 now.

No comments: