Followers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Books of The Times - Condoleezza Rice’s ‘Extraordinary, Ordinary People’ - NYTimes.com

I would personally love to read this book but if I should base my decision on this poor excuse for a review I would not read it.  Some people have expectations of others, they sit in their homes or offices and want to dictate what is important for someone of Rice's stature to write about.  I think the most important person she should write about is about her.  When you get to know her through her personal journey in life, you get a glimpse of what is important to her. Maybe her next book will be about her thoughts of after 9-11.  She has a right to write about what is in her heart and she chooses to talk about the people who are dear to here as a human being, her family, friends and other black folks who are contributing to the American society in a positive way. 
I do not agree with everything Rice stands for but I am nonetheless proud of her courage to stand with George Bush when the majority of Blacks support the Democrats. She stood her ground and had the courage of her conviction. I want to know more about this woman.  The writer appears to blame Rice for her ambitions which is think is sexist. "Her parents, both teachers, were striving and selfless members of that city’s black bourgeoisie. They sacrificed nearly everything so that their talented only child could become a sleek, heat-seeking, success-driven missile."  Would he have described a white man in this way?  I don't think so. I think this review is totally bias and self-serving.  This is a woman who is worth knowing from the inside out.

Books of The Times - Condoleezza Rice’s ‘Extraordinary, Ordinary People’ - NYTimes.com

No comments: