Followers

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fast Food cutting corners on public health - Tim Hortons and Prairie Tall Grass

I am getting tired of going in to some of these fast food places, in particular I have gone to Tim Hortons and Prairie Tall Grass (at the forks) to purchase coffee and muffins. The same person making the change is the person handling the food that is being served to me. They take a piece of paper to hold the muffic but if they have to put the muffin in a bag they use their same dirty hands to open out the bags and then put the muffins or whatever in.
    Aren't there standards that these food places have to adhere to?  It is disgusting to watch and people passively accept this nonsense.  I had to stop a Tim Horton salesperson (at Grant Park) from touching my muffin after she had made change for the customer before me and without washing her hand or anything appropaching my muffin. She then called another worker who was wearing a gloves to get my muffins.

I think that servers who  double as cashier ought to have soapy water nearby or gloves. It is not right nor healthy to be touching food, pushing their dirty hands in brown paper bags and then throw your food in there.
It's unhealthy.

No comments: