Followers

Saturday, August 02, 2008

FOLKLORAMA KICK OFF SUCKS
- Get those little plastic chairs off the dance floor and unto the grass that's where they belong


I felt sorry for the performers who had to watch those fat slobs on their little chairs sitting at the front of the Scotia Bank stage at the Forks during the kick off of Folklorama, taking up space where people could and used to dance. I was trying to show some appreciation by dancing for the musicians who were doing a fantastic job - Sierra Noble, the fiddler extraordinaire, and Limpopo Ukrainian Band - trying to entertain and get those slobs at the front to get off their fat asses but to no avail. I have never seen a ruder or lazier set of people who refused to get off their asses even to humour the musicians a bit. Sierra practically begged them to get up.

But guess what the stupid security guard on the right side of the stage had the nerve to ask me to go on the grass to dance because I was blocking those people sitting and this is just when the Caribbean band was about to come on. I said to him this is the last piece, can't they get off their fat assess - it's not my problem if they don't want to stand up and get rid of some of those calories they guzzled down with those trans fatted fries and mini doughnuts. It's not my problem if they feel sluggish after that. I told the dough head guard that's I'd rather leave than dance on the grass and I left. I kept thinking in the old days when people who knew how to party ran things, the front would be packed with people dancing and having a good
time. Musicians love that, they love it when people respond to their music.

I don't know whose idea it is to make room for people to sit at the front. Isn't Folklorama about having a good time, is Folklorama not all about dancing? Those people who want to be on their asses should be directed to sit on the grass not at the front, embarrassing the musicians who must feel that their music is not good enough to get these folks up.

Why would anyone want to sit there the whole time and not get up and shake their booty? I don't get it. This was not some opera concert or a concert that people paid for. This was free. I think they should ban those little chairs from concerts it just encourages people to me more lazy than we are. Is it any wonder we are becoming a nation of fat unhealthy people?

No comments: