Followers

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pets in rental property

I believe that people who want to move into rental apartments with pets should not be allowed to do so. It is actually cruel for a person to keep an animal cooped up in high rise apartments. If a person wants to keep a pet in their home then they should get their own home.

If pets have to be in apartments then they should have apartments strictly for pet owners. Unfortunately not everyone wants to be around pets and their droppings. There are many newcomers who are not accustomed to having pets live in homes. Some religions believe that pets are unclean and not made to be living in such close quarters with human beings. It is not hygienic. And who knows when a pet will become stir crazy and hurt someone living in the apartment.

I think people have gone too far with pets. No one's stopping them from living in a dog or cat house but should all of us have to put up with that. I get sick if I am eating and a commercial comes on with a dribbling dog eating. It's disgusting. I do not hate animals but I strongly believe that animals do not belong in a house with humans. There is something quite nasty about that. I do not think landlords should be forced to rent their homes to people who wants to use it as a dog or cat house. Let them get their own homes. Animals destroy a person's property. They smell funny and when the owner moves out it may be hard for the landlord to rent to anyone else without going to a lot of trouble to get the stench of animals in the home. I'm sorry if I offend pet lovers but the majority should not dominate the minority.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about kids, but no one bans them!! Give me a dog or a cat anyday.