Followers

Sunday, June 08, 2008

The Sun Was Out for Gay Pride Parade

After that frightening rain on Friday and Saturday the sun shone brightly over Winnipeg for another successful year of Gay Pride in the city. The numbers are not out as yet but I am sure it would be another record setting year. There are more young people than ever and the diversity is growing in terms of Black men and women, Asian, Africans and other bi-racial groups. Many straight people also participate to show support for family and friends who may be gay.
This year's theme was "we are stronger together". The headliner was the Weird Sisters. Somehow they were not as good as they were. The harmony was great but I was expecting more from this group.
On the other hand the Rainbow Choir was fantastic. They were just fabulous. I enjoyed them at the food of the Legislature before the parade.
That's all for now. I'll see if I find some pictures for the next instalment.

No comments: