Followers

Thursday, February 08, 2007

It's Cold in Winnipeg, minus 45 with windchill. We are in the deep freeze and that's what everyone is talking about. It's cold but I still walk an hour to work. I dress for the weather so that I can enjoy it and not whine about it.
The other morning while I was working I saw a young black girl walking bareheaded with a flimsy pair of mitts and a pair of runners. I felt for that child and wondered if her parents saw how she left the house. I am sure she must have frozen solid before her bus arrived even if she had to wait five minutes for the bus.
The girls was obviously a newcomer. Sometimes newcomers look at the sun shining and think that it is warm. I was fooled by the sun when I was a newcomer. It soon dawned on me that the more the sun shone the colder the days were. I hope this little girl learn that lesson and fast.

No comments: