Followers

Friday, September 08, 2006

How quick the weather changes
Yesterday in Winnipeg it was sunny and hot and today it’s almost zero. The Winnipeg Delta Hotel pool is cleaned out and now the staff are taking away the artificial greenery and flowers and cleaning up for the winter. A depressing sight considering that most people are not ready for winter. Are we ever? Unless you are an avid skier, I suppose one is never ready for such thing. Anyway, here are again observing the natural rhythm of life. Everything that goes around, comes around. That is so true.

Last night I looked at the movie Flight 93. It was riveting, a lot of nail biting anxious moments. The part that got me is the goodbyes to loved ones. It was sad and yet one has to appreciate the cell phone as a new technology that helped people make those important calls.

Having seen the movie and got my fill of fear of flying and thrills, I had to ask myself what was the purpose of the movie? Is it to scare us to remind us of the constant danger that lurks everywhere? Or was it to make money. I imagine if I had a loved one who suffered in the film, I might not have been ready to confront what might have happened on that plane.

I guess we all have choice to make on what to watch on television.

No comments: