Followers

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Not impressed with service by Mountain Equipment male staff

I was at Mountain Equipment store yesterday (3rd) at the Pathfinder learn and shop event. There was a male staff who took the first shift of explaining about the different kinds of footwear.  They made a big thing about the trend in five finger foot wear that feels like walking barefeet.
I raised my hand to indicate that I would like him to help me with find a pair of these five finger shoes. He acknowledged me and then went to help someone else. That was okay. However I had a second opportunity to ask him for help and I picked up a blue five finger shoes and asked him – could I have a bigger size but in black. He looked me straight in the eye and said that’s the only colour the shoes came in.  I turned to my friend and said what a bare-faced liar. There were similar shoes of different colours even a black one except it was small.
I found that very insulting and surprising as that had never ever happened to me before where a sales person treated a customer in that manner. I did not appreciate it.  It's like he did not want my business.
I did eventually find a female staff and she was wonderful. She looked after several customers at the same time but still made time for everyone to feel special. Thank you the lady who wore the five-finger shoes.
I hope that ME would speak to that saleman who later went to work on the till.

No comments: